10 Best Vacuum Cleaners in India for Home 2017
Are you looking for a vacuum cleaner that is best suited for your home? Then you have arrived at the right destination. I will guide you through the basic factors that you need to check before buying a vacuum cleaner and help you to get rid of your confusion. Since there are a lot of options when it comes to vacuum cleaners available in the market, you need to make sure that you choose the right one for your home.I tried my best to find best vacuum cleaner for home in India.
Why You Should Trust My Ranking
This article is one of the most viewed article in India when its comes to vacuum cleaner list(more than a Lakh visitors) ,Every month I am updating the list of best vacuum cleaner in India ,Our NBY team has compared more than 50 vacuum cleaner and find out the best for you , If you have any confusion please do let us know in comment section.
Before I go into detailed review of top rated vacuum cleaners first I will quickly show you the latest list of best vacuum cleaner under 3000,under 5000 and under 10000.If you are in hurry you can quickly check the list and discounted price.
|Name||Type||Watt||Amazon Price||Flipkart Price|
|Euroclean Eureka Forbes Xforce Dry Vacuum Cleaner||Dry||1400||Check Amazon Price||Check Flipkart Price|
|Eureka Forbes Trendy Wet & Dry Cleaner||Wet & Dry||1150||Check Amazon Price||Check Flipkart Price|
|Kent KC-T3520 Dry Vacuum Cleaner||Dry||1200||Check Amazon Price||Check Flipkart Price|
|Eureka Forbes Trendy Dx Wet & Dry Cleaner||Wet & Dry||1150||Check Amazon Price||Check Flipkart Price|
|Panasonic MC-CG303 Dry Vacuum Cleaner||Dry||1400||Check Amazon Price||Check Flipkart Price|
|Eureka Forbes Trendy Zip Dry Vacuum Cleaner||Dry||1000||Check Amazon Price||Check Flipkart Price|
Types of vacuum cleaner:
Before you buy a vacuum cleaner you should decide what type of vacuum cleaner you need as per your requirment Generally, there are 5 types of vacuum cleaners.
Upright Vacuum Cleaner:
These are huge machines that you push ahead of you. It cleans your carpet as a brush strokes out the dirt which the machine sucks into it. For bare floors, turn off the brush and simply use it upright. If your house is huge and you can handle it without any difficulties, then the upright vacuum cleaner is the perfect option for you. Upright Vacuum Cleaner is the best choice for pet-owners because of their brush bars.
Advantages of upright vacuum cleaner:
- Cleaning: Good for deep cleaning carpets
- Power: Provide full power cleaning
Shortcomings of upright vacuum cleaner:
- Size: It cannot move into small corners; you’ll need additional attachments for it.
- Weight: Very heavy to carry it upstairs from downstairs and vice versa.
- Height: Tall people will have to crouch to use an upright vacuum cleaner.
Canister Vacuum Cleaner:
These vacuums on wheel go behind you when you fix a hose to it. Basically it cleans your floor simply from suction. Due to its size and flexibility you can get it into tiny corners. Canisters are not as effective as upright but they cost less.
Advantages of canister vacuum cleaner:
- Size: Fairly small and compact makes it easy to keep it.
- Weight: Light weight makes them an easy to use equipment for the stairs.
Shortcomings of canister vacuum cleaner:
- Portability: Dragging it behind you can be annoying specially for large areas
- Cordless Vacuum Cleaner:
They are light and work on a rechargeable battery system. They are best for apartments or small homes but the main problem with cordless vacuum cleaner is poor durability and maintenance charge as you need to change the battery after few years.
Advantages of cordless vacuum cleaner:
- Size: Small and lightweight so easy to use.
Shortcomings of cordless vacuum cleaner:
- Battery: Their battery life is usual short.
- Power: Suction power is less as compared to other full sized machines.
- Handheld Vacuum Cleaner:
Small units that are constructed to be suitable for small areas. They are either with a cord or cordless. You can use these as back-up tools specially for car interior.
Advantages of handheld vacuum cleaner:
- Weight: Lightweight
- Portability: easily portable
Shortcomings of handheld vacuum cleaner:
- Power: They have less power.
- Size: The capacity of these vacuum cleaners is small.
- Robot Vacuum Cleaner:
They are the latest to join the family. These trendy cordless vacuums whizz around to clean off the dust without your effort. You can program it and it will do the work for you.
Advantages of robot vacuum cleaner:
- Cleaning: They can get into small corners and clean efficiently.
- Control: Some latest models can be powered by using their required app on your smart phone.
Shortcomings of robot vacuum cleaner:
- Price: Expensive than all other types of vacuum cleaners.
- Cleaning: If there are many obstacles, it wouldn’t work on its best.
- Power: Less cleaning power compared to full sized vacuum cleaner
10 Points you must check while purchasing a Vacuum Cleaner
There are various features as well as specifications associated with each type of vacuum cleaner, but it will differ from model to model and for brands also. So it’s worth to read all the features before purchasing, so hence you don’t want to compromise about that product. Below given are some of the important specifications which are to be consider:
- Weight: One should pay attention on the weight of the vacuum cleaner , if it is much heavy it won’t be handy and comfort while doing the cleaning process.Usually if you want to buy compact vacuum cleaners then you have to compromise on some features and quality. But a compact and light-weight cleaner can be moved around and kept easily at home for daily use.
- Cord Length: In the corded model, cord length is most important, because based on the long cord length you can reach across an entire room without unplugging.
- Battery: The battery is most important for the cordless vacuum rather than corded model. One should pay attention to how long the device can be operated with a single charge and also one should note how long it takes the vacuum cleaner to charge completely.
- Bag: The vacuum cleaner along with bag need much maintenance and clean because the bag to be cleaned or even replaced when it gets filled. Nowadays bag less vacuum cleaners have come into market with the mechanism of dust can be taken out from the vacuum cleaner body and the bag doesn’t need to get replaced or even much maintenance.
- Energy use: Most energy-efficient vacuum cleaners are widely trending in the market because they are having benefit of picking heavy and also fine dust on the carpets
- Filtration efficiency: Filtration efficiency measures how well the vacuum drags and traps the dust. Basic and less rate models will leak the dust back into your home itself but upgraded and high end models will have good filtration efficiency.
- Noisy: On every vacuum cleaner there will be a label called DB (decibels), by observing that label you can able to find how much noisy the vacuum cleaner is.
- Budget: Budget was the most important factor to be consider while you are planning to purchase a vacuum cleaner. Products with less price will be perfect for hard floor cleaning & high end cleaners are best for sophisticated cleaning like carpets, sofas, marble floor cleaning. So hence you need to choose the best vacuum cleaner wisely based on your requirement after considering the budget.
- Accessories: There will be less weightage for the vacuum cleaners without any accessories. Accessories & add-ons play a role in your purchase decision. So while purchasing try to get as much as accessories the vacuum cleaner requires for cleaning such as extension cord, extension tubes, floor and mat cleaning brushes, wall sucking brushes, fragrance sprayer etc. Some models will come along with accessories but some others models require that tools be purchased separately.
- Full indicator: This specification is very useful, and it is a sort of warning for when the machine was loaded completely with the dust.
- Brand: Certain brands which are called as promising brands, they are best because services even after sales, such type of brands are always recommended and used widely.
- Capacity: Another important feature to be consider was capacity, while purchasing a vacuum cleaner, because your cleaner’s dust capacity should be high. If the dust capacity is higher than you can spend less time in changing the bag or even emptying the drum.
- Flexible height: You can adjust the height according to your requirements liable on the kind of floor or carpet you have to vacuum. It can be automatic or manual.
- Simple Operations: No one has time to waste on trying to figure out how the machine works. It should offer easy and simple functionalities to make cleaning fast.
- Noise: Mostly the vacuum cleaners are highly noisy and annoying, so search for the one with a noise enhanced motor.
- Brush roll: You should be able to on/off the brush roll as it can damage your floors with hard surface. This upsurges the usability of your vacuum cleaner.
- Dusting brush: Their tilted bristles are used to sweep the dust into the hose. They are excellent part for cleaning hard and delicate areas.
- Suction Power: The suction power of a vacuum cleaner depends on its motor; the sturdier the motor, stronger suction power will be created and hence more proficiently the vacuum clear would draw the dust towards it. The power should be between 1600 to 2200 Watts.
- Retractable cord: This feature allows the cord to automatically draw back into the vacuum cleaner. It is commonly in small or upright vacuums. Generally, the retractable cords are short so make sure that the cord is of your desired length.
- Telescoping wand: It will improve cleaning capability by allowing to stretch out the wand of vacuum cleaner. This can be used to make your drapes, ceilings or ceiling fans dust free. Upright vacuums have this feature.
- Environmental friendly: It is definitely significant to make sure that your vacuum cleaner is energy efficient. As the electricity’s cost is rising day by day, search for the one with energy-optimized and environmental friendly motors.
To start with, jot down your requirements and your budget. Do you need the vacuum cleaner only to clean the area or would you be using it for your pet’s hair as well? Is the area that you are planning to vacuum small or large? The answers would help you select the category of vacuum cleaners you are looking for and it will be a great start in slimming down options. Make sure your choice is the most efficient one for your home.
Above all, personal preference sets the bar.
There are many modest vacuum cleaners with a high level of suction in both Bagged and Bagless vacuum cleaners. At present, Bag less vacuum cleaners are quite popular because these are easier and much simpler to manage. But it might not be an option for you if you or any of your family members are allergic because in the Bag less ones, you have to empty the dust out by hand. Bagged models on the other hand are more hygienic since the dust gets collected in a sealed bag.
Pick up the vacuum cleaner before you buy it to see if you are comfortable with its weight and make sure you turn it on to find how much noise it makes. We have listed top 5 vacuum cleaners based on their performances to assist you in choosing the one you need:
Top 10 best vacuum cleaners in India
Eureka Forbes Euroclean XForce
By changing the time gradually our lifestyle will also get changes with the time and cleaning techniques will also got upgraded by introduction of new models in vacuum cleaners. So when to the best model of vacuum cleaners, the top one will be the Euroclean XForce, which was designed with best class filtration mechanism which suits the new age needs of your home. It is having redefined home cleaning functioning with its international design and styling, this vacuum cleaner was renowned best because of best in Class Filtration Mechanism, powerful suction of 1400 Watts, unique ‘Dust Bag Full’ Indicator will be present and most importantly it is of twin parking position with international styling & design.
- Type – Canister
- Blower – Yes
- Dust bag capacity – 3
- Extension tubes – Yes
- Varying of suction power – Yes
- Foot Operated On/Off Switch – Yes
- Power Consumption – 1400
- Suction Pressure – 2200 – 2450 mm of WC
- Voltage – 230V AC, 50 Hz
- Dimensions (W X D X H) – 450 x 260 x 270
- Weight – 5.1 kg
- Warranty period – 1 year
Eureka Forbes Trendy Wet & Dry Dx
Eureka Forbes Trendy Wet & Dry Dx vacuum cleaner is having a powerful motor which will provides the vacuum cleaner a power packed performance & high suction which removes the toughest dirt & more importantly it will seeks & destroys the dreaded invisible, allergy which are causing by dust mites. This revolutionary vacuum cleaner can able to sweep the floor and even it will also mop your floor very neatly. It was also equipped with various special features each feature was designed to make your home clean easily & faster. This equipment was equipped with powerful suction which will assures you the dustmite-free healthy home.
- Type – Canister
- Blower – Yes
- Extension Tubes – Yes
- Flexible Hose Pipe, Crevice Nozzle
- Additional accessories such as carpet / floor Brush, Multi-Purpose Brush, Upholstery Brush
- 1150 of power consumption
- 1800mm of WC suction pressure
- Presence of Auto Cord Winder
- 230, 50 Hz volts of voltage
- Dimensions – 405 width x 390 depth x 505 mm height
- 8 Kg weight
- One-year warranty period
Kent KC-T3520 Dry Vacuum Cleaner
Kent KC-T3520 Dry vacuum cleaner is having very high efficiency motor along with strong suction force for the purpose of efficient cleaning. This was also called as multi-purpose vacuum cleaner which was ideal for all domestic usage. It is having an auto power cord retractor for the hassle free operation. The equipment will come along with come important parts which includes: Dust brush, Metal telescopic tube, Crevice tool, Wide mouth brush and Floor or Carpet brush.
- Type – Compact
- Cord length – 5
- Presence of dust level indicator – Yes
- Crevice Tool, Metal Telescopic Tube, Flexible Hose
- Additional accessories such as unique helical V brush, dust brush, wide mouth brush, floor/carpet brush
- Presence of auto cord winder
- 1200 volts of power consumption
- Voltage – 220V, AC 50Hz
- 03 Kg weight
- One-year warranty period
Panasonic MC-CG303 R145 Vacuum Cleaner
The Panasonic MC-CG303 R145 Vacuum Cleaner is also one of the best multipurpose vacuum cleaner which was using by most of the households nowadays. It will give you the power & total advantage of best hygiene & cleanliness. It is having powerful suction power of 400W with input power of 1400W. It was also equipped with an efficient air dust catcher, blower & also offers most convenience of adjustable power control. Moreover, it was an eco- friendly vacuum cleaner with 130% energy efficient which was design in contrast to the similar capacity conventional vacuum cleaner. This particular equipment comes in very sleekly designed unit which requires a small space to be stored.
- Cord length – 5
- Type – compact
- Blower – Yes
- 2 kg of dust bag capacity
- Presence of dust bag indicator
- Extension tubes will be provided along with vacuum cleaner
- Crevice Nozzle, Air Dust Catcher Nozzle, Upholstery Nozzle
- Universal Brush, Dusting Brush are provided with cleaner
- Suction power – 400W
- One-year warranty period
- Presence of auto cord winder
- Foot operated switch will be present
- 1400 W of power consumption
- 3 kg of weight
Eureka Forbes Trendy Zip Dry Vacuum Cleaner
This product won’t require any type of installation. This equipment is very attractive & beautiful stylish powerful portable vacuum cleaner, which was using widely by most of the household nowadays. The product is very light weight with on-board accessory storage and very compact vacuum cleaner which was very easy to handle it. Some of the important features of this vacuum cleaner are, it is having, auto cord winder & dust bag full indicator, suction control for variable airflow, the equipment is having comfortable operation like having easy to use foot operated power on-off & chord winder switch
- Power – 1000 watts
- Main parts include – Floor and carpet brush, Multipurpose nozzle, Flexible hose pipe, Extension tubes, User manual and Demo CD
- Product Dimensions: 30 x 21 x 18.5 cm
- Weight – 2.5 Kg
- Item model number: Trendy Zip
- One-year of warranty period
Karcher WD5/MV5 1100-Watt Wet and Dry Vacuum Cleaner
Karcher is one of the best quality vacuum cleaners available in the market and using widely. In Karcher WD5/MV5 is 1100-Watt Wet & Dry vacuum cleaner was the best model of Karcher. It is having 1100-watt power & 20-litres capacity of container storage. It comes with filter cleaning switch, easily attachable nozzles, blower button etc. Some of the other specifications of this product includes 20-litres robust impact resistant plastic container along with bowler option, power consumption was low with high level of suction power.
- Power – 1100-Watts
- Container storage capacity – 20-litres
- Self-filter cleaning switch for easy filter cleaning – Yes
- Practical blower function – Yes
- One-year of Warranty period
Black & Decker VM2825 2000-Watt Bagless Cyclonic Vacuum Cleaner
Black & Decker V2825 was one of the most advanced models trending nowadays in the market. But container capacity was bit small when compared with other models. The power is of 2000-watt and works as Cyclonic action spins dust & debris away from the filter, hence suction power remains strong. It is also having 6 stage filtration for long lasting performance, design of the cleaner will be so compact in order to save the storage space, single touch quick empty feature for the purpose of convenient dust canister cleaning, large floor head for the purpose of maximum floor coverage, stainless steel telescopic tube, one touch cord rewinding functionality, dust components in the container can be easily removable & washable.
- 2000 watts of Power
- 12 HEPA filters will be there for clean air
- Translucent canister design, in order to see the dust collection & you can also empty it
- One-year of warranty period
Eureka Forbes Easy Clean Plus 800-Watt Vacuum Cleaner
Portable Vacuum cleaner was one of the most widely using cleaner, which is having motor power of 800 watts. The cleaner will be so lightweight, easy to handle which was most important thing for ideal cleaning. Having both suction and blower functions. The cord length will be 18 feet long which was very good for easy reach around the house. Dust cup will be provided for easy disposal of garbage.
- Operational voltage was 230 volts
- This high performing vacuum cleaner as it includes a perfect solution for all the requirements desired in a vacuum cleaner.
- This vacuum cleaner was also a budget friendly & was totally cost effective.
- Eureka Forbes Easy Clean Plus 800-Watt Vacuum Cleaner can be used to dust the interior of your car also.
- This Vacuum Cleaner was a best vacuum for small requirements also.
- Long cord length
Eureka Forbes Trendy Nano 1000-Watt Vacuum Cleaner (Red/Black)
Eureka Forbes Trendy Nano was also the best vacuum cleaner, but only for the dry dust. This cleaner will be very handy & can be easily carried across the house. Presence of Dust bag full indicator, filtration process will be 5 staged. The look will be more stylish and a Portable vacuum cleaner. Different attachments will be provided along with the vacuum cleaner which are required for different kinds of cleaning.
- Suction control on handle in order to control the airflow
- Size of this vacuum cleaner will be so small & compact in size
- You can perfectly store at any place and it can be moved from any part of the house.
- The motor was quite powerful
- Presence of Crevice Nozzle
- It is having great suction power.
- This vacuum cleaner was ideal and best for small requirements.
- It can also be used to clean car interiors.
- Cord and hose pipe can be extendable.
- It can be movable because easily because of wheels.
- Dust bags can be re-usable
Bissell 1273K 1500W Easy Cylinder Bagless Vacuum Cleaner
Bissell 1273K was completely bagless vacuum cleaner & but was equipped with an easy empty dirt cup which will allows an easy emptying when cleaning was done. Cyclonic action will provide powerful suction for deep cleaning. It will help cleaning the carpets very easily on the hard floors with a just flip of a switch. Dirt cup, micro-particle filter & foam filters will help the user to capture more fine dust & particles. Air flow regulator on flex hose to decreases the suction power for cleaning delicate fabrics like drapery.
- Power – 1500 watts
- Action – Cyclonic action which will provide the vacuum cleaner a powerful suction for deep and thorough cleaning
- Filters – All are re-usable and washable
- Warranty: 1 year
- Compact size for all-round use
- No need to by dust bags or change the bag
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of bags can be used in a vacuum cleaner?
A fiber dust bag can be used along with the vacuum cleaner.
Generally, a vacuum cleaner bag should be replaced after how many uses?
Usually it is recommended to change the dust bag after every 2 years of usage. Vacuum cleaner bags will have indicator line, if the dust bag has been crossed that particular line, then it was the time to replace your cleaner bag.
Does Vacuum cleaner will facilitates suction for sofas etc?
Suction and blower both available in the vacuum cleaner, they can use for cleaning the dust from sofa, carpet, pillows etc
Which are all accessories we can get with a basic vacuum cleaner?
Carpet brush, flexi surface set, Precision cleaner, Corner Cleaner, Floor Brush, Grill Cleaner, Spray Jar, Aromiser
What is the need of a HEPA filter in a vacuum cleaner?
HEPA stands for High Efficiency Particulate Air which are capable of clearing dirt from the air and keeps your house dust free.
Is the dust bag in the vacuum cleaner is washable and reusable?
Yes. Most of the dust bags in the any model of vacuum cleaner were washable and reusable.
How frequently do the vacuum cleaner needs service?
For every 4 -6 months vacuum cleaner requires servicing.
How frequently one should run a vacuum cleaner to clean the carpet?
If your home is in a high traffic prone area, then you need to run a vacuum cleaner over the carpet for at least 6 – 7 times & if you are living in low traffic prone area, then you can run vacuum cleaner for only 3 – 4 times a day.
Does every vacuum cleaner have the dust sensor?
No, not for every product. Mostly for high end vacuum cleaners’ dirt sensor feature will be available.
What is the use of the dirt sensor?
It will inform you when the particular area was totally cleaned or not.
Can we use this vacuum cleaner for 1 hour at a stretch?
Yes, you can use. But it is suggestible to switch off for 5 mins for every 45 mins continues cleaning.
How to take out the dust bag from the vacuum cleaner?
You need to lift the front panel of the cleaner & you can take out the dust bag.
How much time required to cool down the vacuum cleaner if it gets heated?
2 hours is required for cooling down the cleaner
What was best in between canister vacuum or upright vacuum?
Canister vacuum was more preferable when compared with upright vacuum, because they are very flexible, more manageable provides powerful engine and most efficient when compared with the upright vacuum.
How often you need to change the filters?
Filters which are responsible for removing dust and dirt particles should be replaced after every 6 months.
Using powder fresheners in vacuum cleaners are safe?
For high end vacuum cleaner, powders fresheners are absolutely safe to use. But for normal vacuum cleaner powder fresheners may block the dust bag & then you need to replace your bag more frequently.
Can I order the floor cleaning attachment if it was misplaced?
Yes, you can buy separately based on your vacuum cleaner model.
What does mean by wet function in a vacuum cleaner?
That means vacuum cleaner was capable of sucking both wet as well as dry.
Can we adjust the vacuum cleaner speed?
For some vacuum cleaners you can adjust but not for every product.
What is the use of crevice nozzle in a vacuum cleaner?
Cervice nozzle vacuums the dust from deeper parts of sofa & car.
How vacuum cleaner works
A vacuum cleaners are a form of technology, which was invented by the people to solve their own problems. Basically vacuum cleaners will use low air pressure in order to pick up very small particles of dirt & dust. A typical vacuum cleaner was made up and works with six important components.
- Intake port
- Exhaust port
- Dust bag
- Housing(contains all the other remaining components)
Intake port will suck all the dirt, exhaust port will expel all the dirt to the dust bag. Inside the vacuum cleaners there will be a fan which blows air (you can feel it). For that fan to blow air, it needs to draw air inside. This air comes from the intake port which sucks up, or vacuums, the dirt & dust.
The low pressure air was caused by air going into the vacuum cleaner and it will draw up very small objects which then get trapped into the bags, canisters or filters which are connected to the device as an outlet.
Going to a store and shopping for a vacuum cleaner isn’t very simple. You don’t just go and grab the first machine that catches your eye. Nowadays selecting a vacuum cleaner is incredible and it depends on their performance, benefits and features. It is important that you understand each type, their advantages and disadvantages, and any other essential information. The traits of each cleaner show a discrepancy, so do research before you buy.
Hope the post is helpful to conclude your selection of choosing the best vacuum cleaner.