Best Gravity-Based Water Purifiers in India
There is a tremendous growing population in India from past 10 years, because of the overpopulation our country is facing a big challenge by providing hygienic safe and healthy water to the population. But in the urban areas, people are getting the drinking water from the Municipal Corporations managed to supply water to the people, but we still observe many impurities in the water, this makes it was not a safe for drinking with those impurities. With these impurities, various health problems such as indigestion, frequent fever & infections are growing rapidly.
So, all the above listed and common health issues make the water purification a mandatory, particularly in a country like India. It has became more worst if you are living in some places where you are not able to getting municipal water and then you need to rely on other type of water sources such as tube-wells, bore-wells or even river. So every home need to procure some of the mechanism which keep on checking the contaminants, virus or bacteria, germs, which harm to our health.
Now-a-days there are advanced expensive technologies in which water purification was done. The widely used technologies for the water purification recently such as Reverse Osmosis and UV protection. By using these technologies they will purify water in a nano level and also used to kill the dissolved bacteria which is in the water and removed the dissolved metals and the impurities from the drinking water.
Recently the trending water purifiers are Gravity based water purifiers, these water purifiers are the best way to purify any kind of nano impurities also in the water, they won’t use any kind of electricity, they only uses some activated carbon or UF. So in this article, we are going to discuss about the mechanism of purification of gravity based water purifiers and the best Gravity Based Water Purifiers which are available in the present market.
MECHANISM OF PURIFICATION IN GRAVITY BASED WATER PURIFIERS
- In Gravity based water purifier’s water will be filtered through a normal gravity process, i.,e from higher point to the lower point and this will be done without the help of any kind of external forces.
- Water will flow from the top container to the lower container naturally. Usually for filtering, they depend upon micro fiber mesh, activated carbon filtering and some kind of polisher which removes residual chemicals.
- Apart from just these modules, some gravity based water purifiers come with UF technology as well. This has basically another filtration process using UF Membrane.
- Activated Carbon in water purifiers removes many dangerous organic chemicals like pesticides which may be present in the water.
- Activated Carbon in water purifiers also removes chemicals in water which cause water to taste bad.
- So it is good to have an activated carbon water filter purifier for drinking water.
FEATURES TO BE CONSIDER WHILE PURCHASING A GRAVITY BASED WATER PURIFIER
- Purification Process: Before considering a water purifier one must know which kind of water supply you are having. If your area water which was very saline or hard, with the TDS or you need to get drinking water from the bore-well, hand pump or tube-well then you need to purchase a reverse osmosis (RO) based water purifier. This particular technology was innovative & also proven as very effective in removing all the impurities from the water. In RO based appliance the membrane should be .0005 microns then it will be very successful in removing all the germs, bacteria & foreign particles and also improves the taste of water also. If you getting regular clean water from the municipal facility, then you can choose a kind of water purifier with an activated carbon or UV, this purifier won’t work on the flavor of the water, but it will cleanse the water to the perfection.
- Power free or power based: In urban homes where there is no electricity fluctuations or supply of the power is relatively regular when compared with the rural homes, then the RO & UV water purifiers will be suggested because of the effectiveness in purification process & also ability in tackling wide range of dissolved impurities & also infection causing germs. But these water purifiers are not good in the rural areas since the absence of continuous electric supply or any areas where there is no continues power supply, these appliances will have no use. The compact activated carbon based water purifiers are the best choice for those who are living in rural areas or who travels frequently, because of portability of these kinds of water purifiers.
- Wall Mounted or Counter-Top: A best type of water purifier for any homewill be portable as they are counter-top models or even they can fixed to the walls. These wall-mounted water purifiers will occupy minimum or less space in the kitchen, and the counter top can be carried anywhere in your house or when you are going to small picnic. So based on your requirement you can choose in these types.
- Storage capacity and flow: Choice of the water purifier will also be based on the storage capacity also. The storage range of a water purifier varies between 4 – 25 liters. You can choose the purifier according to your family requirements. Another factor which is to be considered was how fast the water comes from the tap. This particular criterion was the most important criterion, before choosing the best water purifier in India.
Now, let us list down the best Gravity-Based Water Purifiers in India:
|PRODUCT||CAPACITY||PRIZE IN AMAZON||PRICE IN FLIPKART|
|PUREIT WPAD100 ADVANCED 23-LITRE WATER PURIFIER||23 L||http://www.amazon.in/HUL-Pureit-WPAD100-Advanced-23-Litre/dp/B009M368HU||https://www.flipkart.com/pureit-advanced-23-l-ro-water-purifier/p/itmefqycvhgfc9hm|
|TATA SWACH CRISTELLA PLUS 18-LITRE GRAVITY BASED WATER PURIFIER||9 L||http://www.amazon.in/Swach-Electric-Cristella-18-Litre-Purifier/dp/B008LN5ZNA||https://www.flipkart.com/tata-swach-cristella-18-l-gravity-based-water-purifier/p/itmeyxa2hjgzdbyr|
|KENT GOLD 20 L UF WATER PURIFIER||20 L||http://www.amazon.in/Kent-Gold-20-Litre-Gravity-Purifier/dp/B0085KK9OY||https://www.flipkart.com/kent-gold-20-l-uf-water-purifier/p/itmd3ybhzbtgmyha|
|EUREKA FORBES AQUASURE SHAKTI 15 L WATER PURIFIER||15 L||http://www.amazon.in/Eureka-Forbes-Aquasure-Shakti-15-Litre/dp/B00M6MC4VS||https://www.flipkart.com/eureka-forbes-aquasure-shakti-15-l-water-purifier/p/itme2jf7hhcfkrpu|
PUREIT WPAD100 ADVANCED 23-LITRE WATER PURIFIER
Being a Hindustan Unilever product is probably the most popular gravity based Water Purifier in India. Weighing 3.7 kgs, this water purifier is made of non-toxic, food-safe plastics. It has a germ kill life indicator that ensures removal of up to 1 crore virus in 1 liter of water. It has a break resistance tap and a water storage capacity of 9 liters. This purifier is easy to set up and clean as it has twist-fit fitments. The germ kill life indicator comes with a life-cycle of up to 1500 liters.
|Features||Purification Capacity: The Germ Kill Kit has been Designed to Give 1500 L of Water at a Temperature of 25°C in Moderate Humidity Conditions, Removes 1 Crore Virus (Removes 1 Crore Virus in 1 L of Water), Germ Kill Performance Standard: Meets Stringent Criteria of Environmental Protection Agency|
|Capacity||Total Capacity 23 L|
|Indicators||Germ Kill Life Indicator|
|Membrane Type||Imported Micro-charged Membrane|
|Other Body Features||Material of Construction: Food Safe, Non-toxic, Engineering Plastics, HIPS / ABS Body|
|Net Weight||3.7 kg|
|W x H x D||230 x 610 x 360 mm|
|Domestic Term Warranty||6 Months|
TATA SWACH CRISTELLA PLUS 18-LITRE GRAVITY BASED WATER PURIFIER
Launched by Tata, this gravity based water purifier uses Silver Nano Technology. Due to its anti-bacterial qualities, silver has been used since ages to purify water. This non-electrical water purifier effectively destroys bacteria and viruses as per USEPA guidelines. Silver prevents bacteria and algae from building up in the water purifier’s filter and in concert with oxygen, acts as a powerful sanitizer. In addition to everything, it is fashioned with high-grade scratch resistant sturdy body.
|Auto Shut Off||Yes|
|Other Convenience Features||Safety from Bacteria and Viruses|
|Indicators||Water Level, Pure Power|
|Purification Capacity||3000 L|
|Capacity||Total Capacity 9 L|
|Domestic Term Warranty||6 Months|
|· Tata Swach Lock|
· Simple Fitment (Easy Single – Twist Fitment)
· No Harmful Chemicals such as Chlorine
· Iodine and Bromine
KENT GOLD 20 L UF WATER PURIFIER
Kent Gold chemical free and non-electric gravity-based UF water Purifier which gives healthy and drinkable water. This water purifier is an elegant table-top water purifier which is easily affordable and has up to 20 liters storage capacity which is optimum for a small Indian family. This water purifier The Kent Gold is based on a superior ultra-filtration (UF) technology which removes harmful micro-organisms such as cysts and bacteria as well as dust and chlorine. It does not require electricity and does not use any chemicals such as iodine, bromine or chlorine for purification of water, making it safe for healthy consumption.
|Filter||Sediment, Activated Carbon Filter, SS Mesh|
|Filter Life||4000 L|
|Membrane Type||Hollow Fibre Hydrophilic UF Membrane|
|Other Body Features||Food-grade, Non-breakable Plastic|
|Net Weight||3.56 kg|
|W x H x D||326 x 600|
EUREKA FORBES AQUASURE SHAKTI 15 L WATER PURIFIER
Eureka Forbes purifier comes with a strong body to avoid breaking. The detachable storage tank are made with ABS and is non-toxic material. It has storage capacity of 15 litres so it is more than sufficient to fulfill the water quench of your family.
|Purification Capacity||1500 L|
|Type||Installation Required Water Purifier|
|Capacity||Total Capacity 15 L|
|Water Flow Rate||1 L/min|
|Purification Method||3 Purification Stages|
|Filtration Capacity||30 L/hr|
|Filter Life||1500 L|
|Membrane Type||Particulate Filter, Sediment Filter, Carbon Block|
|Other Body Features||Food Safe, Non Toxic, Engineering Grade ABS|
|Storage Tank||Detachable Storage Tank|
|Net Weight||2 kg|
|W x H x D||270 x 500 x 270 mm|
So after going through the above discussion like mechanism, uses and features of the gravity based water purifier, the water from the Gravity based filters are far and much more better when compared with that of the boiled water & also safer than the chemically purified water.